Skyview 8th Grade Honors
Sunday, March 27, 2005
 
Shane is shunned.
First, the good news. Good job (big ups, mad props, way to go, whatever your prefer) to Erika, Alan, Mathini, Stephanie, Christine, and Amanda for finishing 5 posts on Shane by the due date. A couple of you still need to take the AR test, but I'm just proud of you for keeping up with the program. You're doing exactly what is expected from an honors student. Very good job (gigantic ups?).

As for the other 75% of you, you get no ups, no props, no good job. Okay, some of you (Anne, Caitlin, Brian, Margaret, Brenna, Katie, and Lea) have done at least one post on Shane. That's a start. At least you've done something. But you should be done by now. It's a short book. It's an easy read. Please get 5 entries done within the next few days.

So that leaves you other 11 people (Andrew, Taylor, Shawna, Trevor, Amanda, Chris, Jacque, Joe, Hana, Calvin, and Champ--oh, Champ, what happened to the King of All Bloggers? The king is dead, long live the king.). I'm going to call you "The Dirty Dozen Minus One." ZERO entries for Shane?! ZERO?! Are you kidding me? You can read the book in a couple days. You can hop on a computer and post an entry while you're IM-ing your friends or downloading music or listening to The Killers on Pure Volume. It's not hard. Like Nike says, "Just Do It."

As a side note, there are 4 of "The Dirty Dozen Minus One" who I'm recommending be removed from the honors program because they haven't yet finished blogging on the previous book. You know who you are. Falling two books behind is not acceptable. Ultimately, it's up to Mr. Anderson and your English teachers whether you continue in the program, but I will be telling them you should be booted.
Comments:
"and Champ--oh, Champ, what happened to the King of All Bloggers? The king is dead, long live the king.)."

I was NOT dead... just brain dead and so sick I could barely get out of my bed! I'm almost done reading it I just started, I'll be done soon Mueller, I haven't been late on a book before so I'm not a dirty dozen minus one memeber... I'm a member of the council of Kings still... ;)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger