Wednesday, May 18, 2005
The Home Stretch
Thank you to all of the students who were caught up and able to attend the book talk. It was our first time doing this, so there are things that can be improved upon. I thought it was productive and hopefully clarified some things from the book. I talked to Mrs. Olsen afterwards and we agreed that it might have worked better in two or three small groups.
If you have any comments about the book talk, please feel free to post. Alan has already posted his thoughts. I'd be curious to know what other's thought. Please be honest, if you thought it was great, say it was great, if you thought it was a waste-of-time, feel free to let me know. I won't take it personally.
For those who attended the book talk, I felt most everyone participated. Well, I don't think Taylor said a single word, but she looked like she was listening. You were listening, right Taylor? :-) Brian was pretty quiet also. Since it was somewhat experimental, those who were there will now only have to post 3 times for The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman. I'll knock off 2 posts for your presence at the book talk.
Also, don't forget about the essay. If you want to turn it in ahead of time, that would be fine and dandy for me.
Lastly, we will have a group get-together for those who have completed the required work sometime in June. I'll bust out some batches of the greatest snickerdoodles you'll ever eat and we'll party it up.
Comments:
<< Home
YAY!! That tastes...I mean sounds great :) I haven't tried your snickydoodles yet.
Oh, and I thought the book talk was good becasu it gave me a refreshing understanding of the book. I don't really know if I was having fun because I was thinking about pickeball the whole time, but oh well.
Oh, and I thought the book talk was good becasu it gave me a refreshing understanding of the book. I don't really know if I was having fun because I was thinking about pickeball the whole time, but oh well.
Well, pickleball is pretty great, so I can understand that. I wonder if you know that pickleball was invented right here in our own backyard.
From a website:
Pickleball was invented during the summer of 1965 by three men who lived on a small island very close to Seattle, Washington. Joel Pritchard, William Bell and Barney McCallum were looking for a sport the whole family could play when they created Pickleball.
This game was named after Joel Pritchard's dog named Pickles. Pickles (the dog) became interested in the new game and would pick up any loose ball and disappear with it. Hence, the name "Pickle Ball.
The website I got that from is:
http://cbmsonline.org:8080/PE_Health/pickleballsg.htm
From a website:
Pickleball was invented during the summer of 1965 by three men who lived on a small island very close to Seattle, Washington. Joel Pritchard, William Bell and Barney McCallum were looking for a sport the whole family could play when they created Pickleball.
This game was named after Joel Pritchard's dog named Pickles. Pickles (the dog) became interested in the new game and would pick up any loose ball and disappear with it. Hence, the name "Pickle Ball.
The website I got that from is:
http://cbmsonline.org:8080/PE_Health/pickleballsg.htm
Bah... you had to make me leave the meeting. All because I just didn't read the book, was that such a big deal? XD I woulda talked more than Taylor AND Buske combined easily. :D
Post a Comment
<< Home

